Trying to get your healthy eating back on track but struggling to curb your sweet tooth after the holidays?
Then help is at hand as Linwoods, the UK’s leading producers of natural and milled super foods, seeds and nuts, has developed some simple to make, naturally sweet recipes, that are bursting with nutrients and flavour and best of all, guilt-free.
Linwoods Protein Hot Chocolate Orange
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of ½ orange
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon Linwoods Hemp+ Protein
- Juice of ½ orange
- Pour the coconut milk into a small saucepan, add the cardamom, cinnamon, vanilla extract, orange zest and bring to a simmer.
- Once its simmering, stir in the cacao powder, take it off the heat and allow it to cool and infuse for a couple of minutes.
- Now simply add the in the Hemp+ Protein Powder and orange juice and enjoy!
Apple Cinnamon Cranberry Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
For the Pancakes
- 1 heap tbsp. (10g) Linwoods Milled Flax, Chia, Apple & Cinnamon
- 120g (1 cup) buckwheat flour
- 60g (¼ cup) apple puree
- 250ml (1 cup) unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Quick Cranberry Sauce
- 100g frozen cranberries
- 30ml (⅛ cup) apple puree
- 1 tbsp. (20ml) maple syrup or 10 -20 drops liquid stevia
- Whisk together the pancake batter ingredients and set to one side for 5 minutes. The batter will be quite thick, but still pourable.
- Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Lightly grease with coconut oil or spray oil.
- Cook 2 – 2.5 tbsp. of batter per pancake in the pan depending on how many you would like to make and desired size. Spread the batter a little with your spoon.
- Allow to cook for 3 minutes, carefully flip and cook for 2 minutes more. Alternatively, place pan under a preheated grill and cook for 1 minute. Return to the stove top and flip with more ease!
- Allow to cook for a further 1 minute.
Chocolate Rocky Road Protein Bites
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
For the base –
- 100g oat flour
- 2 dessertspoons Linwoods Hemp Protein+ with Flaxseed, Bio Cultures, Vitamin D & Co-Enzyme Q10
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons almond milk
For the chocolate topping –
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 5-6 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
To decorate –
- Salted popcorn
- Cacao nibs
- Linwoods Sun-dried Goji Berries
- Chopped pistachios
- First make the base: Mix together the oat flour, protein and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Gently melt the coconut oil, almond butter and maple syrup then pour into the dry ingredients along with the milk. Stir to combine and so the mixture comes together (it shouldn’t be too sticky).
- Divide this between 6 silicone muffin cases and use your fingers to press into the base of each – you want a generous layer.
- Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup then whisk in the cacao/cocoa to form a glossy chocolate sauce. Pour this over the top of each base to cover.
- Sprinkle over your chosen toppings in a single layer and gently press into the chocolate and chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, simply remove from the fridge, pop out the case and enjoy!
Protein Energy Bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 1/3 cup of almond
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of sultanas
- 1 heaped tablespoon of Linwoods Milled Chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Linwoods Hemp+ protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- For the cashew frosting:
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews soaked for at least 8 hours or overnight
- 1/2 cup of tinned coconut milk – make sure your refrigerate the can overnight in the fridge and use only the thick part which should be on top
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- A dash of vanilla extract
For decoration (optional)
- Fresh red currant
- Quinoa puffs
- Place the almonds and the pecans into a food processor and blitz until you have coarse flour.
- Add in all the other ingredients and blitz again for at least 1 minute until you have sticky dough when pressed between your fingers.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place them in the fridge to set while you are making the frosting.
- To make the frosting simply place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until you have a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Decorate each energy balls with about 1 teaspoon of the frosting.
- Top them with the red currants and the quinoa puffs and enjoy!